Monday 19 January 2009

Irritating…

I admit it, it’s a rubbish title but it’s the best i could come up with! But never mind that, what my blog post is going to centre around today is something that has irritated me for along time now (see it does all link in)! :D it’s small and insignificant but still annoying.

Okay suspense over; basically a megalomaniac (okay teacher) asked me to pick up some litter. End of the world! Not exactly  but what really infuriated me wasn’t the actual having to pick it up it was that the litter was closer to the teacher in question. Why is he above picking something up off the floor when I’m not? It’s just something you have to deal with in day to day life but the real message I’m getting at behind this post is that people in power can act obnoxiously and get away with it just because they are in that place.

Hypocrisy is also angers me, not just in school but as i am in school it’s probably the best example of hypocrisy I can give. “Teachers and students are all equal” Pah! What a load of twoddle. For poiliteness the teachers are called sir yet why don’t we get called sir? To be honest it’s not that I even want to be named sir. It’s just hypocrisy. And wrong.

These are thing I know just have to be dealt with in life and there’s nothing really to do about it but honestly this is my blog so I’m putting it here because it irritated me and I just wanted to speak out about it :D

Matthew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.

I agree, but I disagree.

Yes, they are Hypocritical and obnoxious, but in our school Matthew, they have to be. I'd say we're a special case. A school which everyone expects well-dressed, clean students ready to be taught in a clean enviroment.

It's just the way it is. They're harder on us and obnoxious because if they weren't we'd run the place to the ground.

And about the sir thing? You've been in an english class with Mr. Hollins etc. Respect is not at the top of our lists when it comes to what we give to the school is it?

Nice post, just very opinionised. Maybe think about the possibilites a bit more.

Tom.

Anonymous said...

Touché thanks for the comment but the point wasn't the cleanliness etc. It was that a person who was perfectly capable wouldn't dirty their hands because they had the power to make someone else do it and that's what's bothered me. Hey I'm all for keeping the place clean and tidy. Fair enough with the respect point I'll give you that one! :D

Matthew

Anonymous said...

In all reality, teachers have no authority over students. It's a common misconception within schools nowadays, especially since younger students are impressionable at a younger age by their parents. Next time tell him "No!" and if he threatens to punish you with a detention or something along those lines make sure you mention that you pay his salary, he doesn't pay yours.