Friday 30 January 2009

Decent People

I know I said that the next post isn’t going to be about school and it’s going to be positive. I’m sorry but I've only filled one of those criteria. It’s inspired by something that happened at school but (for once!) it’s a good thing!

Well it was quite simple, I was asked to get an A3 printing of one my pieces of work. So I toddled off to see the member of staff who takes care of that. However I couldn’t find her so i knocked on the staff room to ask if anyone knew where it was. One of my teachers told me that she wasn’t in but instead of leaving me to walk back to my lesson empty handed he helped me out - spending his time trying to get the A3 printing for me. Quite simple, but struck me as a really nice thing to do when he could have just sent me packing and continued with whatever he was doing.

All in all it just made me think that a lot of our life is coloured by the actions of other people and if we all acted decently everyone would live a lot happier.

Enjoy the weekend!

Matthew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of like that.

I actually met the guy as in THE GUY this way.. haha

I was trying to print out my thesis report and all the printers in the lab were either lacking ink or paper except for one printer. Naturally it had to be the one that I couldn't use. He was there and he heard me callin the lab assistant on the phone and askin for instructions, all I needed to do was press the orange button. He just walked towards me and pressed the button and smiled at me. For the second time I decided that I had to be a part of his life. The first time is in a comment on one of Tom's posts, can't remember which one..

Sorry for using your comment sections to rant, but it's kind of related... this kind of action could have major major major effects on your life.

Love the post, Matthew!! Best of luck with school!

Anonymous said...

No, you always have a great rant feel free to use my blog :D!

Seems like a really nice and yeah I defintiely agree that these sort of actions can have major effects on people's lives.

Thanks for the comment!
Matthew