Wednesday 16 April 2008

Violence...

Okay, the first real 'matticle'. First I'd just like to say this isn't a way to force my opinion on to you but a way to express it and whether you agree or not is ultimately down to you. I just wanted to make that crystal before I started this because I hate it when people project their views as the 'one and only',
This matticle was inspired by an English essay I was writing where the motion was: 'Is violence ever justified?' Of course I bulldozed through this homework regardless of my own views but then it hit me wouldn't this make a good first blog? -or not depending on how this turns out! Well is set me pondering and this is what I've blogged.
I'd like to say NO and I'm sure in an idyllic world that would be the case but, for those who aren't quite sure, this isn't an idyllic world. For instance if your being mugged, at knife point -just to make it interesting- , your going to push the attacker away not shout "get it over with quickly; I'm not going to resist; I'm a pacifist!"
Although I do think that in most cases violence isn't acceptable, and NEVER if you are the aggressor although if there were no idiots like this maybe it would become the idyllic world. I think that if your attacking to say relieve the country or county etc, of a genocidal maniac through war doesn't that make you worse or at least just as bad as the original villain? I think the best way to deal with this sort of situation is talking to the person diplomatically and if they are no negotiable organise strikes. If they then attack civilians of course the arm forces should be there to protect them and use violence necessarily.
I still think that the aim should never be to kill, as unfortunately is often the case, but to capture. The only time when killing another human may be justifiable is when the situation arises 'kill or be killed' and only in that one on one situation. When it comes to the bare essentials aren't we all equally human beings? why should somebody have the authority over another persons life? This could just be my inexperience talking as I sit here, quite comfortably, typing away. But still green as they may be these are my views and if you would like to comment on them please leave a er... comment.
Next time, I'm starting to sound more and more like a t.v. show! I'm going to feature something a bit lighter because I think we all need some fun as we get dragged into the constant demise of the world. it will be a review of the recently released wii only game Mario Kart and I hope it's interesting but be warned it may contain spoilers!

No comments: